Search This Blog


(有片)NASA科學家聲稱外星生物確實存在(AOL news)


Israeli President says attack on Iran is increasingly likely
Shimon Peres
Madison Ruppert, Contributing Writer
Activist Post

Today the President of Israel, Shimon Peres, said that a military strike against Iran is growing increasingly likely by the day.

This comes just days before the report on Iran’s nuclear program is going to be released by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), a United Nations body.

Peres has been quite clear that the push for an attack on Iran is gaining steam saying that an attack on Iran was becoming “more and more likely” in an interview on Israel’s Channel Two on Saturday.

Peres made this even clearer in a statement to Israel’s Hayom, in which he said, “The possibility of a military attack against Iran is now closer to being applied than the application of a diplomatic option”.

To make matters even worse for the world, Haaretz reported today that Israel is refusing to clear a military strike with the United States before it occurs. Panetta was reportedly seeking to coordinate U.S. efforts with Israeli efforts in combating the perceived threat of Iranian nuclear ambitions but Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak refused to provide a clear response, instead “answering vaguely and in general terms.”

Haaretz reports that American military officials had previously been confident that the U.S. would receive advance warning of an Israeli attack on Iran but now they are not so sure.

The IAEA report is supposedly going to reveal that Iran has indeed pursued the development of nuclear weapons including “experiments in the final stage for developing nuclear weapons including explosions and computer simulations of explosions”, according to Israeli news outlet Haaretz.

Leaks coming from anonymous sources in Vienna where the IAEA is headquartered claim that Iran has already carried out experiments in the critical stage of weaponization at the Parchin military base around 30 km outside of Tehran.

According to the leaks, the report will include documents and satellite photos that support the accusation that Iran is pursuing the development of nuclear weapons in violation of international agreements.

However, this type of satellite imagery intelligence is quite unreliable and easily falsifiable as we saw in the push to invade Iraq.

The claim of “satellite photos of the site [which] reveal a bus-sized container for conducting experiments” sounds eerily like the claims (which later turned out to be outright lies) made to justify the invasion of Iraq.

Haaretz reports that “The Associated Press and other media outlets” have reported on these alleged bus-sized containers although how they know a bus-sized container is a facility for conducting nuclear experiences is anyone’s guess.

The report is also supposedly going to reveal that Iran has started the installation of centrifuges in an underground nuclear facility near Qom.

This type of underground nuclear facility would give Iran a “second strike” capability because they are designed to absorb an aerial attack while still being able to fire back afterwards.

This is designed as a deterrence mechanism because countries without a second strike capability are at risk of being wiped out in one massive first strike without any means to retaliate.

The second strike capability makes a nuclear attack much less likely because it provides the attacker with the guarantee that they will be retaliated against if they decide to attack.

We will protect your privacy...guaranteed!

Of course this would require that Iran has nuclear weapons to begin with, an underground nuclear power plant unto itself is not dangerous and it would not represent a second strike capability.

I do not think it is either unlikely or wholly objectionable for Iran to develop a nuclear defense strategy against the looming threat of U.S.-U.K.-Israeli aggression, although the proof showing that Iran has indeed pursued a weapons program just isn’t there.

A second strike facility is not designed for an act of nuclear aggression and the facility near Qom is subject to IAEA inspections so it is unlikely that such a facility would be used as such.

Yet this information, if true, will surely be spun to give the impression that the facility is a threat to the world instead of a defensive measure.

Regardless, anonymous diplomats cited by Haaretz say that the governing board of the IAEA will likely not condemn Iran at the November 17th-18th meeting.

They say that it would likely take months to push China and Russia into supporting a resolution which could lead toward additional UN sanctions against Iran.

Both China and Russia have been very reluctant to support broadened sanctions against both Iran and Syria, given that historically speaking it would likely be the first step on the road towards Western military intervention.

Israeli Defense Minister Barak has denied the reports circulating that Israel’s Prime Minister Netanyahu had already come to the decision that they would attack Iran.

I hope Barak is being honest and forthcoming, but my hope would be misguided if I did not temper it with reality.

In the following interview you can see Barak emphasize that “no option should be off the table” when dealing with the perceived Iranian threat.

Meanwhile, in Iran, the Foreign Minister, Ali Akbar Salehi, said that the IAEA’s report was politicized and that the report would be “baseless”.

“I believe that these documents lack authenticity. But if they insist, they should go ahead and publish. Better to face danger once than be always in danger,” Salehi said.

“We have said repeatedly that their documents are baseless. For example one can counterfeit money, but it remains counterfeit. These documents are like that,” he added.

I truly hope that all of this posturing coming from Israel is just that but I think many people around the world agree that an assault on Iran by Israel, the U.S. and/or the U.K. would be devastating for us all.

As I have previously shown, Iran isn’t shying away from rattling their sabers either (evidenced by their threat to deploy ships of the U.S. East Coast), so we must hope that one side of this conflict doesn’t escalate, or else we can expect the other side to respond in kind.

Madison Ruppert is the Editor and Owner-Operator of the alternative news and analysis database End The Lie and has no affiliation with any NGO, political party, economic school, or other organization/cause. If you have questions, comments, or corrections feel free to contact him at


Published: 07 November, 2011, 17:44
Edited: 08 November, 2011, 05:10
Speculation over a possible military strike on Iran by Israel continues as latest reports suggest Israeli Cabinet ministers previously opposed to attacking Iran have changed their minds.

­Senior members of the Israeli government have reportedly backed the possibility of striking Iran’s nuclear facilities, having been updated on Tehran’s secretive progress toward building a nuclear weapon, American sources told Fox television on Sunday.

Israeli President Shimon Peres reiterated Sunday that an attack on Iran is becoming increasingly likely.

"The possibility of a military attack against Iran is now closer to being applied than the application of a diplomatic option," Peres told the Israel Hayom daily.

The UN nuclear watchdog is expected to present evidence that Iran has worked on nuclear weapons, specifically accusing Tehran of developing computer models of a nuclear warhead.

Israeli media has been rife with talk of divisions in the government on the issue of a pre-emptive strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities.

Haaretz reported PM Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barack were seeking cabinet support for an attack.

Vice Prime Minister Moshe Ya’alon opposed the move, arguing that international sanctions against Iran be given more time, and that the US should take the lead in any military operation.

A Haaretz’s opinion poll found 41 per cent of Israelis would support an attack while 39 per cent would oppose it, 20 per cent were undecided.

On Monday, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has warned against any military operations towards his country, saying Tehran will not allow any possible attacks.

“The US and Israel are trying to put the world together in a war against Iran, which has no nuclear weapons in its possession,” Russian ITAR-TASS news agency quotes the Iranian leader as saying in an interview to Egypt's Al-Akhbar newspaper. “Israel poses quite a bigger threat to the region, having in possession 300 nuclear warheads.”
Anybody with us?

However, Israel’s hawkishness may isolate it in a war-weary West. With NATO and US entrenched in Iraq and Afghanistan and having blown billions on Libya, unleashing a military operation against a regional powerhouse looks unlikely.

Israel’s main ally, the US, is heavy on anti-Iran rhetoric but denies seeking to provoke any conflict.

Crucially though, US officials failed to secure a commitment from Israel that it would coordinate a strike against Tehran with Washington, AFP reported.

French FM Alain Juppe also addressed the issue, stating "Everything must be done to avoid the irreversible." "We have imposed sanctions that continue to expand, we can toughen them to put pressure on Iran," Juppe told Europe 1 radio. "We will continue on this path because a military intervention could create a situation that completely destabilizes the region."

­Moscow in the middle

­Russia’s FM warned against attacking Iran, saying that the strike would be a serious mistake with unpredictable consequences. He underlined that there can be no military solutions to international conflicts.

“We get evidence of that every day when we see how problems around Iran are being solved: whether it’s in Iraq, or Afghanistan or what is happening in other countries in the region,” the minister said Monday.

But as focus turns to the IAEA report, Iran seems to be getting its defense in first.

The Iranian FM has already accused the agency of "political" behavior and labeled the report "baseless."

A senior Iranian cleric, Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami, appealed to IAEA chief Yukiya Amano not to defame the body by publishing “false” documents.

­Anne Penketh of the British American Security Information Council believes that "Russia fears that ratcheting up the pressure" risks heading down the path to yet another war.

“Russia believes that diplomacy is the way to solve this crisis with Iran,” Penketh said. “My understanding is that this report aims to show that Iran has been working aspects which could only be related to a nuclear weapon. Now of course because of the Iraq precedent, when intelligence proved to be faulty, I think the burden of proof in this case is going to be much higher. And in fact my understanding is that the Russians and the Chinese were actually trying to persuade the IAEA Director General to postpone coming out with this report at this time.”

Seyed Mohammad Marandi, a Professor at the University of Tehran, however, is convinced that Israel does not have any military potential to resort to its threats, and the warnings of a possible attack have quite specific purposes.

“I think the intention is to put pressure on Iran and also to put pressure on other countries – independent countries like China and Russia and others – to agree with new sanctions by sort of portraying [Iran] as a mad dog, attack dog that needs to be somehow controlled, so that if they agree to new sanctions, something bad will be prevented from happening,” Marandi told RT. “There is a general trend to try to corner Iran," he added.

Commenting on the IAEA report on the Iran nuclear program due to be released, he questioned the legitimacy of the document.

“The whole report itself is based on forged documents,” Marandi told RT. “There is absolutely nothing new in the report. All the documents that are supposed to come out are from the year 2004 and before. And [former IAEA director Mohamed] ElBaradei’s assessment was completely in opposition to what the new head of the IAEA is making. All of these documents have been refuted in the past.”

傳前蘇聯科學家 助伊朗製核武

星島日報 – 5小時前






  一直被視為鴿派的佩雷斯在周末警告,以色列對伊朗核設施發動先發制人軍事打擊的可能性「愈來愈近,甚至比外交手段解決問題的可能性更大」。 不過,俄羅斯外長拉夫羅夫昨日表示,以色列若軍事打擊伊朗,將是嚴重錯誤。法國外長朱佩也表示,一定要防止對伊朗使用武力,因為一旦攻擊這個「強大」的國家,後果將「無法挽回」,全世界局勢將受到影響。

處理網路威脅 美研發攻擊性武器

路透社 – 2小時16分前

國防先進研究計劃署(DARPA)主管杜甘(Regina Dugan)表示,越來越多工業和其他如汽車等系統是以電腦控制。軍方需要「更多、更好的選擇」,來對付網路上對這些易入侵系統的威脅。



明報明報 – 2小時57分前